Fines and fees
Library fines are established by the City Council in conjunction with the Library Board. The current fee schedule as established in Ordinance 2459-13 can be found within Section 22-3 of the City of White Settlement's Code of Ordinances, found here.
- DVDs and VHS will accrue a fine of $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $15.00.
- Interlibrary Loans, or items we have ordered for you from another library, will accrue a fine of $0.50 per day with a maximum fine of $15.00.
- Nook e-readers will accrue a fine of $10.00 per day.
- All other materials will accrue a fine of $0.25 per day late, with a maximum fine of $6.00, or $3.00 for paperbacks.
- Multipart items will accrue a fine for each item in the set. For example, a 5-disc season of a TV show will cost $1.00/day/disc, or $5.00 a day. A puppet kit that includes 2 parts, a puppet and a book, will cost $0.25/day/item, or $0.50 a day.
- The charge for printing documents from one of the library computers or for making copies is $0.25 per page for black and white and $0.50 per page for color.
- Legal size copies can be made at twice the regular rate listed above. Double sided printed is considered as two pages, and will thus also cost $0.50 per page for black and white and $1.00 per page for color.
- To send a fax from the library patrons are required to use our cover page, which is $1.00. After that, the cost is $1.00 per page for local and toll-free numbers and $2.00 per page for long distance. International faxes are $5.00 per page.
- To receive a fax, the charge is $0.50 per page.
- Area codes 817 & 682 are considered local. 800, 888, 877, 866 or 855 are toll-free numbers.
Regular wear and tear is expected when loaning out materials, but if an item is returned so damaged that we cannot circulate it to other patrons, you will be charged for the repairs or the item's replacement. The cost varies depending on the severity of the damages; a complete fee schedule can be viewed in the city's Code of Ordinances.
Items that must be withdrawn or replaced will cost the patron a processing fee of $10.00 (or $5.00 for paperbacks) in addition to the cost of the item itself. Patrons are welcome to buy the item elsewhere if they can find the same item in new condition at a less expensive price, though the processing fee will still be assessed. Patrons may keep whatever is left of the withdrawn item once they have payed for it.